Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wu-Tang Killa SQUIDZ! WE GON' SWARM!

You guessed'er, Chester. I'm yet another whiteboy who really digs the Wu-Tang Clan.

The first time I actually somewhat heard them was through this mashup mixtape done by the mighty Soul4hire. Dude blended a capellas from classic Wu with French electro master Mr. Oizo (who's actually bringin' the dance a few hours away from me in London as I write). Obviously, it'll never touch the RZA's production, but it's an interesting reassembly of material.
Download Shaolin Worm Attack here.

I spent all summer absorbing the masterpiece that is 36 Chambers. When I needed some new shoes not too long ago, I found these for 60 bucks (they feel great). For my recent joint birthday party with my buddy, we covered "Da Mystery of Chessboxin'" with some friends (I did U-God and Inspectah Deck's verses). My buddy Mac just hooked up me up with the following tunes last night-- a boot of an XM Radio special session with Raekwon, GZA, Inspectah Deck, and U-God, back by funk band El Michael's Affair, bustin' classic Wu-bangers. I've only listened to a few of the cuts so far (this isn't my upload), but the version of "Da Mystery" that they do is more than worth the download.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the love man, I'm glad people are still feeling this tape.

- Biz (SoulForHire.com / Spliffhuxtable.com)