Saturday, April 12, 2008

How Do I Shot Nerf Gun?

If you don't go to school with me and have talked with me about my college experience so far, you've probably heard about where my money goes. In the following order, it's something like this:
1) Records
2) Food
3) Nerf guns

Every semester at Goucher, we play Humans vs. Zombies, a game of nerf war/tag that's spread to many other campuses and national fame and is this weekend's cover story in the Washington Post Magazine. Go watch the awesome audio/slideshow report by photojournalist Alexey Tolchinsky, then read a very accurate article by journalist Laura Wexler here. You'll need to register to read Laura's article, but it's worth it. Both she and Alexey were "embedded reporters" last fall when we played and were both professional, humorous people. I'm actually in a rather serious-looking opening slide, but had trouble screencapping it. So here's yours truly looking nerdy with the Zombie Horde and repping a Voivod shirt...

Also in this photo: Niles at his sketchiest, Ben looking at his newly-damaged thumb (from running into a glass-covered fire extinguisher) and Erika/Mama Zombie likely giving a pep talk. (Photo credit: Alexey Tolchinsky)

BONUS: This Friday was zombie field day, where a sort of "survival" gladiator game was played. Grab some Nerf guns and socks, hop in the ring, and see how long you can last. It's been once again reinforced that I'm a terrible shot, but oh well...I think these pictures still entertain. Adam fared better. Photos by Melissa Tillery.

Asa: "STAND STRONG AND SHOOT FOR THE FACE!"
Adam: "Mmmf."



Lunging forward while shooting: entirely uncalled for.

I should probably be looking up at this point.

No comments: